Health Innovations were surprised with an unannounced audit by the BRCGS on Monday!
Following an intense 3 days, Health Innovations are proud to confirm that we have achieved the coveted AA+ grade in our Brand Reputation through Compliance Global Food Safety accreditation.
The Brand Reputation through Compliance (formerly known the British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Food Safety is developed by food industry experts from retailers, manufacturers and food service organisations.
It provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality, and the operational controls for these criteria in the food and food ingredient manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
This Food Safety standard focuses on:- The importance of management commitment.
– Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) based food safety programmes.
– Quality management systems.
– Auditing good manufacturing processes – it’s not just a paperwork audit.
– Auditing areas which often have the highest rate of product recalls and withdrawals, such as labeling and packing.
– Developing systems to reduce exposure to food fraud.
– Ensuring consistency of the audit process.
– Promoting greater resilience, transparency and traceability in the supply chain.
The team at Health Innovations works hard to maintain high standards to ensure that our customers worldwide can have confidence in the products that we make and integrity of our manufacturing processes.
In addition to the BRCGS grade, there was also two extra successes for a retailer specific requirement and GMP for food supplements standard.
Well done to all involved and the wider team for helping to ensure Health Innovations works to, and maintains, the highest of standards!