We are no longer recruiting for this position, but please check back for new opportunities that may arise.
We are looking for a bright, passionate, organised Lean Manufacturing Apprentice to join our Operations team at our manufacturing site in Skipton. You will develop your skills and knowledge to complete tasks and processes required within our manufacturing site.
This will include developing / training Standard Operating Procedures, basic fault finding, understanding continuous improvement processes, cleaning to specification, line yield optimisation, recording and interpretation of data.
You will work on the various manufacturing machines and complete all operational tasks including handling raw material to finished product.
– Learning to set up and operate various machines.
– Cleaning of the various machines to meet Quality standards.
– Meet targets and deadlines by completing production batches
– Dispense and blend powder recipes
– Inspecting our finished products
– Operation of the pressing machine to compress cores
– Run a coating machine to film coat various core sizes and shapes
– Following SOPs whilst adhering to specific safe working policies & procedures
– Maintaining an organised work area and keeping clean and tidy is required
You will start your journey on a Level 2 Lean Apprenticeship programme. Working to develop the skills required to be competent in all aspects of Lean Manufacturing, through a series of modules and have regular reviews and assessments to help you grow your skills and knowledge within the business. Lasting 12-15 months, Apprenticeship programme is the ideal for someone looking for a career in the fast-paced world of food/nutritional manufacturing, offering a unique combination of earning while you learn.
You will be working either an early shift (6am-2pm over 5 days) and late shift (2pm-11.30pm over 4 days)
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about learning and developing a successful career within Manufacturing. The successful candidate must:
– Work to tight timescales
– Demonstrate problem solving/trouble-shooting skills
– Be a standout team-member, who is flexible on working as a part of a group, but also on their own initiative
– Demonstrate good communication capabilities
– Be self-motivated
To apply for this position please send a CV and Covering Letter to Sarah.Oxtoby@healthinnovations.uk