We are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance & Lab Technician to join our manufacturing site in Skipton on our afternoon shift. The purpose of the role is to ensure the quality and safety of products, manufactured and packed, are maintained, and to support the QA team in the maintenance of quality standards in line with BRC and customer requirements.
– Sampling, testing, and release of raw materials, semi-processed, and packaging items as required in a timely manner per team rota.
– To conduct finish product and raw material testing in the laboratory in accordance with laboratory protocols in a timely manner.
– Raise Certificates of Analysis for tested raw materials and finished products.
– Maintenance of laboratory control procedures and related documents and systems.
– To conduct internal calibration and testing of equipment in line with the procedure within packing, manufacturing, and the laboratory per team rota.
– To conduct checks on the manufacturing and packing departments plaster issue registers per team rota.
– Identification, control, and efficient handling of non-conforming raw materials blend, WIP, and finished/packed products
– To conduct process control inspections for each process step ensuring products manufactured and packed meet the authorised product specification.
– To conduct quality and hygiene inspections in the manufacturing and packing areas working with the operations team to maintain good standards of hygiene in line with BRC and customer standards
– Inspection and release of the finished product against set criteria and release of manufactured and packed goods against AQL sample plan.
– To promote ‘5S’ methodology across the site working with the quality and operations teams.
Raising of Non-Conformance and other Incident reports – Collating evidence, reporting and investigating each incident of procedural and product deviation alongside the internal auditor, and working with the purchasing team to resolve supplier lead Non-Conformance.
– To be involved in projects that assist the quality and operations team in the maintenance of standard operating procedures and policies, in line with customer, legislative and BRC requirements and the reduction of waste.
– Take part in keeping laboratory equipment in a clean and tidy manner where used and maintaining cleaning checklist.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
– Previous Quality Assurance Experience in Food Manufacturing Industry (1 year)
– Understanding of Quality Management Systems
– High Attention to Detail
The role is 36 hours a week, Monday-Thursday 14:00-23:30.
To apply for this position please send a CV and Covering Letter to Sarah.Oxtoby@healthinnovations.uk
View all news stories