Building work for our new Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility is currently at an advanced stage with a view to this being operational by late 2019. The building is based in Skipton, next door to our existing manufacturing business.
The intention is to gain accreditation at the new facility for the following:
– Full GMP Certification to Permit Product Licence Manufacture, Packaging & Distribution.
– Specials Licence – to permit Manufacture of Specials – products that can be prescribed by Qualified HCP/GP etc.
– Clinical Trials Licence – to permit the Manufacture of Products.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimise the risks involved in any pharmaceutical production that cannot be eliminated through testing the final product. GMP ensures that products are:
– of consistent high quality
– appropriate to their intended use
– in line with the requirements of the marketing authorisation (MA) or product specification
– consistently stored, transported and handled under suitable conditions, as required by the MA or product specification.
Whilst the existing Health Innovations site operates to GMP standards, the new facility will have in place the relevant certification to support this.
See the video below which shows the progression of the new site throughout 2018.