This position has now been filled, but please check back for new opportunities that may arise.
Assistant Quality Manager
Supporting the QA Manager to ensure the quality and safety of products manufactured and packed by Health Innovations is maintained, and to lead the QA team in the maintenance of quality standards in line with BRC and customer requirements. To support the operations team in meeting the requirements of implemented quality standards and product specifications raising areas for improvement in a proactive manner.
– To coordinate all site audits per schedule, including GMP, procedure, and QMS as well as audits to customer requirements.
– To monitor compliance to key procedures through scheduled and unscheduled audits to both BRCGS, customer standards and internal SOPs and relay findings to Quality Manager and the auditees in a timely manner.
– To maintain and manage the Incident Reporting Index.
– To manage complaint investigations and feedback findings to the QA Manager.
– To assist the quality and operations department in achieving AA+ Grade BRC Food and other customer audits.
– To arrange follow up meetings in relation to audit findings with auditees and monitor progress, generate the meeting minutes and update quality metrics.
– To take part in root cause analysis of internal non-conformance found in audits and other non-conformance are captured in Incident Reporting Index.
– To work with internal departments to close out internal and supplier issues logged within the Incident Reporting Index through scheduled review meetings.
– To promote ‘5S’ methodology across the site working with the quality and operations teams.
– Support in customer audits such as timely provision of documents and evidence on request.
– To assist in coaching and mentoring of the quality team.
– To manage the training matrix and other training requirements to deliver training through suitable methods and liaising with the operations team to schedule the training.
– Maintain the calibration schedule liaising with internal departments and suppliers and the upkeep of both internal and external calibration records.
– Assist the quality manager in changes to the QMS identified from updated customer and standard requirements.
– Prepare monthly TV screen slides showing quality metrics, non-conformance and complaints data.
– Deputise supervision of the quality team in QA Managers absence.
– Suitable for someone looking for their next step in their QA career.
The ideal candidate:
– Previous experience within a QA auditing role
– Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment is an advantage
– Must be able to demonstrate experience of being part of a team with the ability to work in a team as well as own initiative
– Good attention to detail is required
– Open to working shifts
– Inquisitive with a desire to learn and develop knowledge of the manufacturing process and its associated risks
– Decisive, ability to assess situation and make timely decisions
– Clear communicator – ability to communicate key information to various business areas
– Team player – ability to support colleagues from different teams
– Enthusiastic and determined to succeed, ability to overcome obstacles
– Process driven with the ability to efficiently follow processes and procedure
– Proactive mind set with the ability to identify areas for improvement and make suggestions for any improvement
Working hours 37.5 a week and are flexible, i.e. 08:30 – 17:00, 07:30 – 16:00.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions, or trade union membership.
Notice to Agencies: Health Innovations UK Ltd is not accepting unsolicited CVs from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
View all news stories